Ditching the SUV for a Nissan Leaf
This morning Carrie and I drove down to Younker Nissan in Renton to take delivery on a silver 2013 Nissan Leaf. We still have our 2011 VW Tiguan, but the lease on that expires this summer and I was looking ahead to what our next car was going to be. We leased the Tiguan with the anticipation that, as new residents of the Pacific Northwest, we would be making frequent trips into the mountains to go hiking, camping and skiing. That lifestyle never materialized and the Tiguan has spent the last 2.5 years ferrying our family on a daily 10-mile round trip commute. It was clear that an SUV wasn't necessary and that's when I began looking into electric vehicles (EVs).
In the next few blog posts I'm going to walk through:
- Why I settled on a Nissan Leaf
- The trim-level and options that I chose
- Pricing out this vehicle and contacting local dealers
- Finalizing the purchase
If you're in the market for a Nissan, I highly encourage you to give Younker Nissan a call and ask for Dennis. Dennis did three awesome things:
- Made me a great written offer with all information (price, money factor, etc) disclosed
- Never nagged me with incessant phone calls
- Kept his word and delivered on his quote.
Next up: Why I purchased a Nissan Leaf instead of a Chevy Volt or Ford Focus Electric.
Hey there. My name is Carter Rabasa and I am a husband and father of two beautiful daughters Catherine and Emily. I live in Seattle, WA.
- @cubanlinks on Twitter